会员中心 |  会员注册  |  兼职信息发布    浏览手机版!    超值满减    人工翻译    英语IT服务 贫困儿童资助 | 留言板 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏  繁體中文
当前位置:首页 > 行业文章 > 笔译技术 > 正文

英语习语的翻译和应用举例

发布时间: 2024-05-01 11:22:04   作者:etogether.net   来源: 网络   浏览次数:
摘要: 英语习语的翻译和应用举例,例如,a change of air/climate 换换条件和环境。


(1) as chance would have it 凑巧;碰巧

As chance would have it, he was going to London as well and was able to give me a lift.

磁巧他也去伦敦,所以它能载我一程。


(2) by any chance 或许;可能

Would you by any chance have change for $5?

你能找换5美元的零钱吗?


(3) by chance 偶然地;意外地

1. I met her quite by chance.

我遇见她完全是偶然的。

2. The news came to my ears by chance.

我偶尔听到这个消息。


(4) give (sb./sth.) half a chance 给(某人/某事)一点机会

She is keen, and I'm sure she'll succeed given half a chance.

她聪明机智,只要有点机会我肯定她会成功。


(5) the chances are (that) 很可能

The chances are that she'Il be coming.

她很可能来。


(6) stand a chance of (sth. /of doing sth.) 有(完成)某事的希望;有(达到)某目的的机会

He stands a (good/fair) chance of passing the exam.

他考试及格(大/很)有希望。


(7) take chances冒险

You should never take chances when driving a car.

开车时决不应冒险。


(8) change hands 归另一人所有;转手

The house has changed hands several times in recent years.

这所房子近几年几经转手。


(9) a change of air/climate 换换条件和环境

A change of air (e.g. a holiday away from home) will do you good.

换换环境(如离家度假)对你的健康有好处。


(10) chapter and verse (某段文章或权威论述的)准确出处;(某事的)准确细节

I can't quote chapter and verse, but I can give you the main points the author was making.

我无法引用确切的原文,但我可以告诉你作者所述的要点。


责任编辑:admin

微信公众号

我来说两句
评论列表
已有 0 条评论(查看更多评论)