- 签证留学 |
- 笔译 |
- 口译
- 求职 |
- 日/韩语 |
- 德语
(1) go for broke 孤注一掷;全力以赴
We have decided to go for broke in the football game.
我们决定全力以赴参加这场足球比赛。
(2) brood on /over (sth.) 忧闷地沉思(某事)
1. You should not brood on your misfortunes.
你不要老是想着自己的不幸。
2. It doesn't help to brood over your past mistakes.
对过去所犯的错误老是耿耿于怀是无济于事的。
(3) brothers in arms战友
John and Jack are both my brothers in arms.
约翰与杰克都是我的战友。
(4) as brown as berry 皮肤晒得黝黑的
They came back as brown as berry after the sumrmer vacation.
暑假归来他们皮肤晒的黝黑。
(5) brush aside (sb./sth.) 1. 把(某人/某事)推到一边 2. 漠视(某人/某事)
1. We should not brush aside those who criticized us.
我们不应漠视那些批评过我们的人。
2. He brushed aside my objections to his plan.
我反对他的计划,他不予理会。
(6) brush off (sb.) 不理会(某人);漠视(某人)
He is very keen on her, but she's always brushing him off.
他非常喜欢她,但她总是不理睬他。
(7) brush up (sth.)/brush up on (sth.) 重温;重新练习(已荒疏的技巧)
I must brush up (on) my Italian before I go to Rome.
我去罗马前,必须把意大利语重温一下。
(8) buck up (1. hurry up 2.cheer up) 1. 赶快;赶紧 2. 振作起来;打起精神
1. Buck up! We're going to be late.
快点!我们快要晚了。
2. Buck up! Things aren't as bad as you think.
打起精神来!事情并非你想的那么糟。
3. The good news bucked us all up.
大家听了这个好消息都振作起来。
(9) on a budget 缺少钱;拮据
A family on a budget can't afford meat every day.
经济拮据的家庭不能每天吃肉。
(10) bulk large 显得重要;突出
1. Shop keeping naturally bulks large among London occupations.
开店铺在伦敦各业间自然是有显要位置。
2. The war still bulks large in the memories of those who fought in it.
对于那些曾参战的人来说,那场战争仍然记忆犹新。
责任编辑:admin