会员中心 |  会员注册  |  兼职信息发布    浏览手机版!    精选9.9元!    人工翻译    英语IT服务 贫困儿童资助 | 留言板 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏  繁體中文
当前位置:首页 > 行业文章 > 笔译技术 > 正文

评价,疑虑和问询相关的翻译难点

发布时间: 2021-07-29 09:15:56   作者:etogether.net   来源: 网络   浏览次数:


16.其丑无比 have a face that would stop a clock

我真不敢想象象李同这样英俊的小伙子竟然和奇丑无比的孙丽结了婚

You can hardly imagine that a handsome man like Li Tong would get married with a girl like Sun Li who has a face that would stop the clock.

17.体型匀称  be well-proportioned

杰克体型匀称,个头适中,一双大眼睛炯炯有神,成了许多女孩追求的目标。

Lack, with a body well-proportioned, about the middling, a pair of intense big eyes, has become the target of many pretty girls.

18. 做得太过火了 overplay one’s hand

你一定时做得太过火了, 否则她不会对你如此不依不饶的。

You must have overplayed your hand or she wouldn’t have taken off her gloves to you like that!

19.正中下怀  play into someone’s hands

你同意到外地出差正中老板下怀,至于原因,还是留给你自己去思考吧

Your agreeing to take the business trip in another city well played into the hands of the boss. As for the reason, you put it in the pipe and smoke it.

20/轻松的工作 a cushy job

他想干个轻松的工作,可又怕挣钱太少了。

He hope to take a cushy job but at the same time, worries about pay he gets from such a job. 

21.多的不得了 a jillion

千万别让你的丈夫去那个城市出差,那里的妓女多得不得了

Never allow your husband to take a trip to that city. There are a jillion streetwalkers there.

22.争论的原因  a bone of contention

我想,分利不均才是他们争吵的真正原因。

I think the inequality in splitting the profits is their real bone of contention.

23.仍在……着 be still on

现在已经是深夜12点了,可是他办公室的灯还在亮着。

It’s already 12:00 o’clock midnight, yet, the light in his office is still on.

24.有点生疏   go a bit rusty

A:你能讲法语么?B:过去学过,可几年不用有点生疏了。

Can you speak French? I learned it, but I haven’t used it for a long time so it has got a bit rusty.

25.喝多了 have one too many

看他那个样子肯定是喝多了,你最好把他送回家

He must seem to have had one too many. You’d better walk him home.

26.事情的真相 what’s what

如果你弄清事情的真相,就马上打电话告诉我

Give me a buzz and tell me as soon as you’ve got the what’s what.

27.真惨 a bad scene

这次考试真惨。十道题我只答对了两道,其他的全错了。

This exam was really the bad scene! I miss all the ten questions but two.

28.不能再……了can’t be adjective+er

这个价格不能再低了 The price can’t be any lower.

29.彻头彻尾的 out and out

他是个彻头彻尾的口头革命派。

He’s an out and out armchair revolutionary.

30.打扮得特别漂亮be dressed to the nines

每次去参加舞会,她都打扮得特别漂亮。

Every time she went to a dance, she would always be dressed up to the nines.

31.空头支票 lip-service

他对我们的许诺不过是个空头支票而已。

What he promised us is but a lip-service.

32.害人反害己 harm set, harm get

他吃苦果既是我们常说的“害人反害己”的最好例证

the bitter fruit he has got can be a very good example of what we call “Harm set, harm get.”

33.到底 on earth

你到底想怎么着? What on earth do you want ?

34.活见鬼 The Deuce!

真见鬼了!你不告诉他他怎么会知道我们俩在做这个买卖那?

The Deuce! How could he possibly know what business we are doing without telling him?

35.你好好琢磨琢磨吧 Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

你好好琢磨琢磨吧。他凭什么对你那样慷慨那?

Why should he be so generous to you like that? Put it in your pipe and smoke it.

36.那有怎样?So what?

我说了,那有怎样?  I said it .So what?



微信公众号

[上一页][1] [2] [3] [下一页] 【欢迎大家踊跃评论】
  • 上一篇:“塞翁失马”如何译?
  • 下一篇:Easy Street的翻译


  • 《译聚网》倡导尊重与保护知识产权。如发现本站文章存在版权问题,烦请30天内提供版权疑问、身份证明、版权证明、联系方式等发邮件至info@qiqee.net,我们将及时沟通与处理。


我来说两句
评分: 1分 2分 3分 4分 5分
评论内容:
验证码:
【网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明本站同意其观点或证实其描述。】
评论列表
已有 0 条评论(查看更多评论)