If he dare hit me below the belt, I won’t put anything past him.
17.一门心思have one’s heart set on
他的女儿一门心思想嫁给一个日本人
His daughter has had her heart set on marrying a Japanese man.
18.心烦意乱 nerves on edge
这几天不知是什么事把我搞得心烦意乱的
I don’t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.
19.那可不行nothing doing
又要用我的车?那可不行!
Want to use my car again? Nothing doing.
20.容易极了Nothing to it
你能说服我爸爸么? Can you convince my father?
说服你爸爸?那太容易了 Convince your dad? Nothing to it!
21.到了极点one for the books
他的表演简直棒极了
His performance was really one for the books.
22.觉得可疑了smell a rat
当他们同意把那批货以那样的价格卖给你的时候,你难道没有感到有些可疑么?
Didn’t you smell a rat when they agreed to sell you the goods at such a price?
23.敬而远之give a wide berth to
对他那号人,你还是敬而远之为好
You’d better give a wide berth to a guy of his sort.
24.稍微……就行了give ……a once-over
车子不很脏,稍微擦擦就行了
The car’s not very dirty, a once-over will do.
25.无聊 be for the birds
他特别无聊,不是讲下流笑话,就是谈论别人的婚姻。
He’ s plain for the birds. He would either crack a blue joke or talk about other people’s marriages.
26.合口味to one’s taste
这种音乐很符合他的口味
This sort of music is quite to his taste.
27.心里特别难受 be sick at heart
看到她受到那般伤害我心里特别难受
I felt sick at heart when I saw how much she was hurt.
28.别往心里去not take …to heart
不要往心里去,她不是有意要伤害你的
Don’t take it too much to heart. She didn’t mean to hurt you.
29.死也不同意 over one’s dead body
她说她死也不会跟你结婚的
She said that she would marry you over her dead body.
30.头痛得快炸了a splitting headache
我的头痛得快炸了
I have a splitting headache.
31.受到良心的谴责get one’s conscience smitten
如果你抛弃你的妻子和孩子,你迟早会受到良心的谴责的
You’ll get your conscience smitten sooner or later if you have the heart to abandon your wife and children.