返回

行业文章

搜索 导航
超值满减
英语习语的翻译十个起例
2024-07-12 09:43:03    etogether.net    网络    


(1) drag sb. down 使某人感到沮丧

Hot weather always drags me down.

天气一热我就浑身不适。


(2) drag sb.down (to sth.) 使某人社会地位、行为标准等下降

I'm afraid the children will all be dragged down to his level.

我看他的孩子也要跟他学坏了。


(3) drag sth. in/into sth. 在谈话中扯进不相关的事

1. You're free to write what you like about me. But you mustn't drag my wife's name in.

关于我的事你爱写什么就写什么,但不要把我妻子的名字扯进去。

2. Must you drag politics into everything?

你非得事事都把政治扯进来吗?


(4) drag sb. into doing sth. 硬拉某人参加某活动

She had to be dragged into seeing the dentist.

要她去牙科医生那里看病非得生拉硬拽不可。


(5) drag sth. out 使某事不必要地拖延

Let's not drag out this discussion. We've got to reach a decision.

这场讨论别拖下去了,我们得作个决定了。


(6) drag sth. out (of sb.) 迫使某人透鲽或交代(情况筹)

The police failed to drag a confession out of the criminal.

警方没能使罪犯招供。


(7) drag sb. up (Brit) 将(孩子)胡乱带大

The children seem to have been dragged up anyhow instead of being properly trained and educated.

这些孩子看来是胡乱拉扯大的,没有受到正规的培养和教育。


(8) drag sth. up 在谈话中扯进(不愉快的事情等)

1. She dragged up the incident just to embarrass me.

她扯起那件事故意想使我难堪。

2. What made you drag up that particular episode in my murky past?

是什么使你又提起我过去暗淡岁月中的那件不愉快的事情呢?


(9) draw in one's horns 采取守势;谨慎(尤指)减缩开支

1. He drew in his horns when he realized that his boasting was not impressing me.

当他意识到他的自吹自擂对我不起作用时,他就缩回去了。

2. After the business failed, Dick's father had to draw in his horns.

生意失败后,狄克的父亲只得缩减开支了。


(10) draw the line at sth./ doing sth. 拒绝做某事;拒不容忍某事

1. I don't mind helping, but I draw the line at doing everything myself.

我可以帮忙,不过什么事都让我干,那就不行了。

2. I don't mind his taking an occasional cocktail, but I draw the line at heavy drinking.

我不反对他偶尔喝一次鸡尾酒,但我不让他酗酒。


责任编辑:admin




上一篇:译员效率和公平的平衡
下一篇:如何翻译形象性语言

微信公众号搜索“译员”关注我们,每天为您推送翻译理论和技巧,外语学习及翻译招聘信息。

  相关行业文章






PC版首页 -关于我们 -联系我们