返回

行业文章

搜索 导航
超值满减
英语习语的翻译及示例
2024-01-05 09:33:18    etogether.net    网络    


(1) be across to 是……的责任(或任务)

1. It is across to you.

这是你的事了。

2. I've finished the drafting of our plan, and the proof-reading is across to you.

我已完成我们计划的草拟任务,校核就是你的事了。

(2) act and deed 字据;有约束力的契约

I deliver this as my act and deed.

立此字据(字据签名前用语)。

(3) act out(1. perform 2. carry out) 1.表演 2.实行

1.Everybody laughed when he acted out the role of a thief.

当他表演小偷时,人们哄堂大笑。

2. We must act out the regulation to the letters.

我们必须一丝不苟地实行这些规章制度。

(4) act up(1.go wrong 2.make trouble) 1.出毛病 2.捣蛋

1.The car is acting up again.

这汽车又出毛 了。

2.If you're going o act up,you can't go to Grandma's.

你要是胡闹,就不让你到外婆家去。

(5) act up to(do according to) 遵照(原则等)办事;履行(诺言等)

1.We've been acting up to the principles.

我们一直按照原则办事。

2.Once you make a promise, you'll have to act up to it.

一旦做出允诺,就要履行诺言。

(6) read the Riot Act(向闹事的群众)宣读“取缔闹事法”(勒令散去);(谑)(对吵闹的小孩)加以训斥;提出警告

(7) Riot Act ——取缔闹事法(1715年英王乔治一世所须布的法令)

1. Here, you children, your father has already read the Riot Act. So off you go to bed at once.

喂,孩子们;“爸爸向你们提出警告了,赶快去睡觉吧。

2. She really read him the Riot Act when he broke the window.

他在打玻窗户时被地狠狠地训斥了一顿。

(8) Actions speak louder than words. 行动胜于语官。

(9) as old as Adam 很古很古的;陈年老账,早已过时的

The news is as old as Adam.

这新闻平已过时了。

(10) add fuel to the flames 火上浇油

He is in a mood now, and it'll be like adding fuel to flames if you tell him the bad news now.

他现在心情不好,如果你现在告诉他这坏消息就等于火上浇油。


责任编辑:admin



上一篇:Why do translators need to learn about translation technologies?
下一篇:过去分词短语的翻译

微信公众号搜索“译员”关注我们,每天为您推送翻译理论和技巧,外语学习及翻译招聘信息。

  相关行业文章






PC版首页 -关于我们 -联系我们